Friday, October 11, 2013

Best Buy Snap Circuits SC-750 Extreme Physics Kit

Snap Circuits SC-750 Extreme Physics Kit




Best Item From Snap Circuits



Wow! It's much better than I expected.
I've been an Amazon customer for years, but this is the first time a product stood out enough for me to write a review. I bought this for my 8 yr. old daughter and I figured my 6 yr. old son could use it later.

I was very hesitant, because there aren't a lot of reviews and it's expensive.

Well, we've had it a few days and my daughter has been playing more with "Secrets of the Master Magician: An Apprentice's Manual", which I also bought at the same time (another great gift). My daughter is interested in this and it's easy for her to put things together.

My son is obsessed with it! It's similar (for him) to the Lego creatures he puts together. He needs a little help from time to time, but he can certainly follow the very well laid out diagrams. So far they've created an FM radio, a scifi noise maker, a sound detecting space noise maker thingy, a propeller that spins and flies into the air, a seven segment display, a volt meter connected to the solar...

This Snap Circuits Extreme Electronics kit lets you create your own experiments and build over 750 exciting projects. Contains more than 80 pieces. Parts are color-coded and projects go together with ease. The Snap Circuits Extreme Electronics Kit makes learning about electronics fun.

  • Build over 750 experiments with 80 parts
  • Experiments included: sound activated switch, lie detector, adjustable light controller, am radio, rechargeable battery and many more
  • Parts included: photoresist or, power amplifier, variable capacitor, analog meter, solar cell, computer interface, full color manuals
  • Snap-Circuits have received the following Awards: National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Creative Child ?Toy of the Year
  • Toy Industry Association - Specialty Toy of the Year, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr. Toy 10 Best Educational Products




Fantastic gift for curious kids
Despite the price tag, I bought this as a birthday gift for our highly intelligent, 10-year-old budding engineer, who was always complaining, "I'm bored." (Plus, he dismantles everything else he gets, therefore breaking it, so we thought, "Why not get him something he's supposed to tinker with?")

Within minutes of opening the box, he was snapping circuits together and creating cool experiments. Every 10 minutes or so, he returned with a new "invention" and within an hour announced, "This is the BEST GIFT EVER!!!" He still loves it and enjoys trying different configurations. For his brother's birthday celebration this weekend, he had it perform "Happy Birthday" to everyone's amusement. There seems to be no limit to its applications, and my son is excited about learning what it can do.

I cannot recommend this kit enough. You will not regret shelling out a little more cash for the 750 kit if you have a computer and want to encourage your child to use the computer...
What a GREAT learning toy.
I've been looking at the Snap Circuit sets for several years now and finally purchased the SC-750 for my daughters 9th birthday. I was a bit worried she was too young for it but found that was not the case. She's already built the voice recorder, FM radio and doorbell projects and had a blast playing with each of them. The projects are really simple to build (I only helped with the first one) by following the detailed instructions and well marked components. She came home yesterday, did her homework and went right to Snap Circuits and began building another project (much better than watching the TV). I look forward to using the computer interface so we can actually learn (together) about electronics. I suspect this is one of those rare toys that that will not gather dust on the shelf.




More information on Snap Circuits SC-750 Extreme Physics Kit from Snap Circuits

No comments:

Post a Comment