Sunday, October 13, 2013

Best Buy LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit The Mines of Moria (9473)

LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit The Mines of Moria (9473)




Best Item From LEGO



Years awaited toy
I received this Lego about two days ago. I had waited for this moment for 10 whole years. Lord of The Rings is my favorite movie and I have desired this Lego for almost all of my life and this particular set is the exact one I wanted.When I obtained my set I noticed that it was huge. However Lego had done a great job designing this set to avoid confusion and a large mess in which pieces could be lost. The set is combined into four sections and has two instruction booklets. You only have to open one bag at a time to build the section you are on. I know a lot about Lego and how to build and have been building lego for many years and still do not understand how they managed to make the walls of Moria look dilapidated and as if many wars were fought there without the structure itself being unsturdy. They have done an exquisite job of making the movie come to life and adding features without turning from the path of the story. I have had hours of fun with the mass battles I have had using...

LEGO LOTR 9473 The Mines of Moria

  • Weapons include chain, club, bow, double-bladed axe, single-bladed axe, small hobbit sword, shield and Boromir's sword
  • The Mines of Moria features well, wall and gate, and several weapons
  • Wall features hidden room with treasure, opening doors and falling wall elements
  • Topple the walls
  • Defeat the cave troll




A Kid's Review
I was super excited when LEGO announced their Lord of the Rings line last year. So as soon as I got this yesterday, I opened it up and put it together in about an hour with my husband.

Like any LEGO set, this set is extremely detailed and intricate. There's a well with a lid you can pull out to let the bucket and skeleton drop. Balin's tomb contains a (sadly) full-sized instead of dwarf-sized skeleton. The largest part of the set comes with two pillars that topples down and a treasure chest that pushes out from its enclosure. If I had more time to play with LEGOs, I can definitely see myself trying to recreate the scene from the movie.

The mini-figs that come with the set includes Pippin, Gimli, Boromir, LEGOlas, a cave troll, and two goblins. The Pippin figure is adorable and, I think, captures the film Pippin pretty accurately from his hobbit hair to his expressions (you can choose between horrified or confused with a twist of his head). Gimli is also...
Fun LEGO recreation of the Mines of Moria
9473 The Mines of Moria is a 776-piece LEGO set initially released in May of 2012 with a LEGO store price of $79.99. It is part of the first wave of Lord of the Rings-licensed sets, and includes Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Pippin, a giant cave troll, two skeletons, two orcs, numerous accessories, and a ton of grey bricks to build with. It is my *FAVORITE* of the LEGO LotR sets so far.

Why do I like it so much? Two main reasons: 1) it is a BIG, exciting set and 2) the pieces can be used to build a lot of different things. With the first part.. the set contains an excellent selection of good guys (The Fellowship), bad guys (orcs, trolls, and skeletons), and interesting things to build. There's a treasure chest that can be hidden, walls that collapse, a tomb that flip open, and an opening and closing door/gate. This set is DYNAMIC. You're going to want to build it, play with it, alter it, and play with it some more. The pieces can also be used to build a lot of different things...




More information on LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit The Mines of Moria (9473) from LEGO

No comments:

Post a Comment