Sunday, October 27, 2013

Best Bargain LEGO Sydney Opera House

LEGO Sydney Opera House




Best Item From LEGO



An architect playing with Legos...
I've built close to a dozen of the Lego Architecture series, and while I'm a fan of them in general I was highly skeptical about this one since Sydney Opera House is the antithesis of modular block construction. But having built it, that is what I admire most about this set now. A few pages into the meat of the build I was saying out loud 'I don't see where this is going' and to some extent I felt that way throughout. But as I followed the directions it magically took form. The sum is definitely greater than the parts, and that gave me a sense of wonder.

There are many things to enjoy about Legos as an adult: 3 dimensional problem solving, a sense of accomplishment at completing the build, a moment to forget the world and just play... This kit had an extra 'wow' factor at the very end when it transformed into the Sydney Opera House.

I'm a convert, this is possibly my favorite of the architecture series. Kudos to the Lego designer on this one, I didn't...



  • Booklet included with details on design and history (English language only, other languages available for download)
  • LEGO Architecture inspires future architects, engineers and designers as well as architecture fans around the world using the LEGO brick as a medium for reproducing esteemed structures
  • Collect the entire landmark series




Looks nice from far, but little overpriced
Bought this for myself as I'm a big fan of Sydney Opera House. To be honest, this is my first LEGO Architecture set and I'm a little bit disappointed. The set itself is very small and the build is straightforward. I actually finished it within a day, without any issues.

If you plan to put this as a display set, it does look nice from far. But upon closer inspection, you can see that the pieces are quite 'rough' and there are certain angles which the set will look nice, and certain angles which it looks quite ugly.

The booklet (manual) that comes with it does provide a fair amount of background on the Sydney Opera House. But the quality of the manual is poor, as the pages started to come off after a while.

Overall, if you wish to display it (remember it only looks good at certain angles), don't mind its small size and slightly hefty price, I do suggest you to consider this. Otherwise, I suggest you to consider other LEGO sets.
Why why why
Why is it all these lego architect models are so small? they take 30 minutes tops for a child to assemble and in the end they arent too impressive. im losing faith lego.




More information on LEGO Sydney Opera House from LEGO

No comments:

Post a Comment